I attempted to place an order on 12 December 2017.I made it through the shipping and billing portion with no issues.

Upon arriving at the “review order” tab, I was prompted that my order could not be completed and to contact my bank. I called my bank and was notified that my card was charged THREE times. By this time, I’m extremely confused because the order neither went through on my end nor did I receive an order confirmation number. I’m currently deployed and there’s a huge time zone difference.

I had to wait until the wee hours of the night to call back to the states and get this issue straightened out. I waited on hold for 46 minutes before my call was answered. I explained the issue to the representative that took my call. She took ONLY my name and said that she would be back with a solution.

Please be mindful that I never received an order confirmation number or email and the number showing up on her caller ID does not belong to be since it was being routed through an Air Force base on my behalf. She placed me on hold for another 15 minutes and came back with absolutely NO information. Had she asked me to verify the phone number or email address used when I attempted to make a purchase, this 15 minute wait could have been avoided. As I’m sitting here looking at pending transactions on my bank statement (THREE to be exact), she tells me that my order never went through and Academy doesn’t charge your card until your item ships; these charges were simply “inquiries”.

Inquiries????? While I understood the message she was trying to convey, that didn’t explain the three charges I was physically staring at. The representative then asked if there was anything else that she could assist me….ummmmm YES lady, I still want to place my order but your website keeps denying my payment while continuing to take my money. She then puts me on hold and transfers me to another department that can help me order over the phone.

After an hour (1 whole hour) of waiting, I finally hung up.

That was *** poor customer service and after staying up until 2:30am my time, I got absolutely nothing accomplished.I just wasted 2 hours on the phone only to be back at square one again.

Review about: Academy Sports And Outdoors Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bad customer service.

Comments