Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Bought a $200 baseball glove and after a week it still hadn't shipped. Called them and they told me my credit card company declined the transaction. Called my credit card company and they said "No, we absolutely did not. We authorized it and they took the money." Called Academy back and this time they said "Oh, it looks like your order was never processed because the card info that you typed in when you submitted your order didn't exactly match your card." How could this be when they took my freaking money anyways? Either way, I confirmed my credit card info with a woman named Mary, and she assured me that. H order would ship within 48 hours. One week later - still no shipment confirmation. Called again and they said they the item was still being processed, but assured me it would ship. long story short - NEVER received the item and had to call and complain for a full refund.

Now they're opening a store right next to my house and out of curiosity I checked their website just to see if they had any grand opening deals. The first ad has a title that says a grand opening event begins in September 30th. The first line of text below that title says the event begins September 2nd.

HUH!? Is it the 30th, or the 2nd!? Better yet, it says their grand opening isn't until October 7th. So the sale starts a week (or one month and 6 days depending on which date is actually correct... assuming either is) before the store even opens?

It's evident to me that Academy has absolutely no clue what they're doing when it comes to retail sales and marketing. Stick to ***'s or other online retailers.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Academy Sports And Outdoors. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Academy Sports And Outdoors to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Academy Sports And Outdoors and academy sports and outdoors shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments